The construction of the Church Saint Antoine goes back to 1789, and is equipped with six furnace bridges.
Between 1922 and 1928 of the improvements were undertaken in order to preserve this inheritance, pride of the inhabitants of the commune. A dial was added on one of the turns of the church in order to mark the rhythm of the population of Santo António.
A little further Santo António, in the direction of Curral das Freiras, a view-point offers a view from above on the narrow procession born from a tectonic fracture. At the bottom of the cliff approximately 400 m will ribeira short downwards. Towards the left, the estuary takes shape between two high rock faces which hide Funchal and Câmara de Lobos, while in face draw up acute tops (1 200 to 1,400 m).