Its boundaries are La Orotava. To the east, the ravine of El Río, serves division with Arico, however the north-west and west, the ravine of La Orchilla separates it from Vilaflor and San Miguel respectively.
Because of the lack of road communication between Granadilla and the rest of the island, was dominated by sea from the ports of El Médano and Los Abrigos. The only other way to reach her from the inside of the island, the first third of the twentieth century was to cross the mountains on foot, with mules or horses; and to go to other municipalities the only way was the sea, until the construction of the southern main road in the 1930s.
The church of St. Anthony of Padua (Iglesia de San Antonio de Padua)
The Church of St. Anthony of Padua was given the rank of parish church January 30, 1617, but was destroyed by a fire a hundred years later. Its ruins were used as foundations to build the parish church which, since the eighteenth century, continues to be used in the municipality. The building is a good size without the tower, built in 1885, will taint his pace.
Its coffered ceiling shows a marked baroque influence in the Canarian architecture and Mudejar. The church has wonderful altarpieces and sculptures, plus impressive brand embroidery Canarian school. The tiara gold of St. Anthony, a silver shell for christenings and a processional cross are evidence of the wealth of silverware. The sacred chalices embossed silver came to the church as gifts, the result of promises made by sailors who solicited the help of the Holy to survive the storms of the ocean.
The Franciscan Monastery St. Louis Bishop (Convento Franciscano de San Luis Obispo)
The Franciscan Convent of San Luis Obispo, the seventeenth century, founded in 1665, was destroyed in a fire in 1745. Almost a century later, after being closed by the monks, the convent became the seat of the Town Hall.
In 1963, this iconic building collapsed, killing 23 people. Years later, after another fire, he was rehabilitated by the Island Councillor and declared Historic and Artistic Monument.
Red Mountain (Montaña Roja)
It is on the coast lies the Red Mountain site, which is a volcanic cone, made steep erosion of the sea; it is surrounded by the beaches of El Médano and La Tejita. This is a particularly interesting area from the perspective of geomorphology, botany and ornithology.
Mount Pelee (Montaña Pelada)
Mount Pelee is a volcanic edifice that rose with the contact with seawater, which gave birth to a cone more in width and in height, light color where one can observe many characteristics this type of volcanism. The topsoil has interesting features and it is also a nesting site for seabirds.
Because of its isolation, Granadilla was the refuge of many Guanche, native Canary, who did not submit to the will of the Spanish conquistadors. Rebels other groups came to the populated land of volcanoes to be collected by the Menceyato, indigenous authority, Abona which curiously took part at the beginning of the conquest of the Kings of Peace, that is, -dire of those who decided to ally with the conquistadores.