| The neighborhood of Vegueta|
|The oldest and the most romantic neighborhood Las Palmas is one of Vegueta, the original center of the city located in the southern part, which retains all the charm of the colonial architecture of the fifteenth and sixteenth century. Sumptuous palaces, imposing churches, cobbled streets, beautiful patios and balconies are reminiscent of a glorious past: do not forget that Las Palmas was the first colonial city in the kingdom.|
For nearly four centuries, the walls surrounding the area delineated the old city center. This one has expanded to the north until the twentieth century. The center of the old town is the Place Sainte-Anne, dominated by the imposing St. Anne’s Cathedral and surrounded by palm trees.
The most beautiful buildings, nooks and museums are clustered around the Hermitage.
| Cathedral Santa Ana de Las Palmas|
|Cathedral (XVI / nineteenth century) named the patron saint of Spanish conquistadors is a unique composition of Gothic style elements, baroque, classical and Canarian.|
Its construction, by architect Diego Alonso Montague, was made between 1500 and 1570 in late Gothic style inside and in neoclassical style on the outside.
Remarks: Christ of Luján Pérez, who chairs the chapter house, and the facade of the same artist.
|The episcopal palace|
|The bishop has built the Episcopal Palace in the sixteenth century, with the exception of the facade which dates from the fifteenth century and that it was made by Ponce de León.|
| The St. Elmo hermitage (Ermita de San Telmo)|
|The hermitage of San Telmo was built by the Compagnons browsers the sixteenth century. It was destroyed in 1599 by Dutchman Peter van der Does, but it was rebuilt in the seventeenth century. It is a Mudejar church architecture, but its gates were made in Gothic Renaissance style. Mudejar ceiling and two altarpieces: St. Elmo and Virgin las Angustias.|
| The Church of St. Francis of Assisi (Iglesia de San Francisco de Asís)|
|The Church of St. Francis of Assisi was rebuilt in the seventeenth century. It is home to some very important works by Luján Pérez. The frescoes were painted by Jesús González Arencibia.|
| The Church of St. Dominic (Iglesia de Santo Domingo)|
|The Church of St. Dominic is in Baroque style with some Mudejar touches the sixteenth century. You can see several paintings by Luján Pérez and a Baroque monstrance of the eighteenth century from Mexico.|
| The St. Anthony Abbot Hermitage (Ermita de San Antonio Abad)|
|The St. Anthony Abbot Hermitage was the first diocesan headquarters. It was built on the military camp El Real de Las Palmas, the origin of the city of Las Palmas. In the hermitage, Columbus prayed before his trip to America.|
The chapel has been restored several times, the last time in the eighteenth century.
| The house of Columbus (Casa de Colón)|
|The house-museum of Columbus is located on the Square Santa Ana.|
The museum focuses on the history of the Canaries and their relationship with America. Found in the Museum of panels representing the customs and traditions of the peoples of pre-Columbian America. A space is reserved for Christopher Columbus trips, and you can admire maps and models that belonged to the explorer. According to tradition, the casa de Colón hosted the famous explorer in 1492, during his expedition to the New World.
| The beach of Las Canteras|
|Las Palmas also has a white sandy beach of 3 km, the Playa de las Canteras: it is thus a seaside resort town.|
| Celebrations in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria|
|The carnivals of Las Palmas of Gran Canaria are luxurious, fun; nothing is forbidden, nothing is repressed, the music, the costumes ... not to mention the mood and manners.|
| The port of Puerto de la Luz|
|The port of Las Palmas, Puerto de la Luz, located in the bay of La Isleta, is the first commercial port, fishing and boating in the Canaries.|
|La Isleta is an isthmus that surrounds the port; is the fishing district and port workers.|