In this house, which is now the entrance hall of the museum, the Council of Palma distributed alms (Almoina) and bread to the needy and the sick. At the entrance is always the table on which the pieces were stored.
The front of the house, the work of a follower of the architect Guillem Sagrera, is dated 1529. The interior is decorated with Moorish murals.
The first showroom is the sacristy of Vermillion (Sagristía dels Vermells) the old sacristy, built in the fourteenth century, is situated on the ground floor of the tower bell. This is a room with a vaulted ceiling and pillars decorated with plants. In the sacristy was discovered a well in which there were human remains are those of people who lived in seclusion in the bell tower.
In the sacristy of Vermillion can be seen include:
the center of the room, a huge monstrance named Great Guard (Custodia mayor). It is a work of goldsmiths 1585, vermeil (silver covered with gold) and weighing 120 pounds. Custodia mayor is paraded every year at the Corpus Christi procession.
a portable altar, believed to have belonged to king Jaume I the Conqueror. This is a diptych wood and silver from the mid-thirteenth century. Its small compartments contain relics of saints.
a pair of "Rimonim" parts silversmith dating from the fourteenth century. These objects are of the synagogue of Cammerata in Sicily in the year 1493, when the Jews were expelled from Sicily, Majorcan merchants bought the two famous "Rimonim" and have offered to Seu. These objects are used to protect the "sefer" or roll of the law.
Gothic chapter house is the oldest chapter houses: it was completed in 1443 and is attributed to Guillem Sagrera.
It is a vaulted room trapezoidal plan.
You can admire, among many other works:
part of the altarpiece of Saint Eulalia, the work of Joan Loert, the master of Privileges (1335).
the altarpiece of Saint Sebastian - seamless city of Palma - Alfons de Sedano, from the late fifteenth century.
the center of the Gothic chapter house is the tomb of Gil Sancho Muñoz, Antipope Clement VIII, who succeeded Benedict XIII, Pope Luna, who abdicated his pontificate and was then appointed Bishop of Mallorca. In his will, the bishop said he wanted to be buried sitting on a chair and, according to popular legend, he built his tomb in the middle of the room to enjoy the Presidency "eternal" chapter, in which he had face several times. It was for that reason that we later built a new chapter house.
Baroque chapter house, elliptical and richly decorated with floral motifs form was designed in 1696 and completed in 1701, it is probably a work of Francisco Herrera.
In the Baroque chapter house are preserved many relics
the reliquary of the True Cross (Vera Cruz), the fifteenth century, decorated with precious stones;
a reliquary containing three supposed thorns of the crown of thorns; gilded silver reliquary, made in Mallorca and offered to the cathedral by the corporation of seafarers;
the arm of St. Sebastian offered in 1523 by the Dean of Rhodes;
a sculpture reliquary of St. Vincent Ferrer, silver work in 1596.
These relics were invaluable in medieval Christian Europe.
Saint Vincent Ferrer (1597)
Ecce Homo (1740)
The Apostle Peter (1749)
Reliquary of Saint Sebastian (Francesc Quintana, 1540)
Box of Holy Oils (1790)
Reliquary of the True Cross
The chapter house also has two monumental baroque baroque candelabra with seven branches, carved sterling silver and pushed, designed by Joan Roig and directed by goldsmith JoanMatons, between 1704 and 1718, more than eleven years.
The cloister of the cathedral is located right next to the St. Jerome Portal (Portal de Sant Jeroni). The cloister was built in 1707 on the site of the former chapter garden. It is rectangular in plan with corridors gantry.
Can be seen against the walls of the corridors of the various elements of ancient works from the cathedral.