|Miradouro do Texeira|
|One can reach Pico Ruivo by the road of Achada do Teixeira to 1592 m, through the forest park of Pico das Pedras, and leave his vehicle on the carpark envisaged for this purpose.|
|It is necessary to count a little more than one hour to the refuge of the peak Ruivo by borrowing a paved path. From there, one can reach in 15 min the top of the peak.|
The sight since the top is imposing:
- in the east, wild valleys of Ribeira Seca, Ribeira da Metade and Ribeiro Frio which disappear behind the peaks in the direction of the ocean; at the horizon, the point of São Lourenço;
- in south-east, Pico das Torres preceding Pico do Arieiro; on the right of this one, Pico do Cidrão (1 802 m);
- in the south and the west, the circus of Curral das Freiras and the procession of Ribeira back Socorridos; above, Pico Grande (1 657 m) which dominates Pico das Torrinhas (“Peak of the turrets”) with the characteristic silhouette; Pico Casado in the blackcurrant shape; with far, the plate of Paúl da Serra;
- in the North-West, the crater of Caldeirão do Inferno (“Cauldron of the Hell”);
- in north, valleys of the northern coast separated by long hills;
- in the North-East, plates of São Jorge and Santana.
|Since Pico Ruivo, a path moves towards the refuge of Queimadas and, from there, with Santana.|
Other tracks lead to Curral das Freiras then in Boca da Encumeada on the one hand, and Fajã do Penedo on the other hand.