The small island of Badija is located east of the town of Korčula. By then making the turn of the island of Korčula in the direction of the needles of a watch, one sees initially the small island of Badija, bathing in the channel of Pelješac, not far from the vat which undertakes of it several times per day the crossing bound for Orebić, just opposite, on the shore of the peninsula.
One can visit the large church of the 15th century of style Gothic and Rebirth, devoted to the Assumption of the Virgin.
The Franciscan monastery was transformed into recreation center, but it always preserves its church and its convent, partially altered at the 20th century, except for its beautiful and large cloister, completed in 1477.
Until 1950, Badija belonged to the Franciscan ones of Bosnia, which settled there at the end of the 14th century and built their convent there. They lived there until 1950, when they were dispossessed by it by expropriation under military pretext of need.
Today the small island became a center of sport and tourism.