The ancient thermal baths of Kalithea were masterfully reconstructed by the fascist regime during the Italian occupation in 1929. Edited by Pietro Lombardi, the Italians built a typical Moorish pavilion with marble columns in the middle of lush gardens. Its white houses are attractively scattered under the pines and palms.
Their waters were effective for the treatment of diseases of the liver and gallbladder.
This small resort was long abandoned until its restoration, which opened in 2007.