| Useful Information|
|Official website of Rhodes http://www.rhodes.gr|
Greek Tourist Office (EOT):
- Place of Rimini
- Phone: 00 30 22410 20555
- Hours: June-October, 9 am to 20 pm
- 1 rue Karpathou
- Phone: 00 30 22410 23329
- Place Eleftherias
- Phone: 00 30 22410 22212
- Hours: Monday to Friday, from 7 h 30 to 20 pm, Saturday from 7 h 30 to 14 h.
- 91 rue Amerikis
- Phone: 00 30 22410 596 29
Police: 00 30 22410 23278
City Hall: 00 30 22410 46200
Hospital: 00 30 22410 80000/22222
|Weather in Rhodes now|
| Time difference|
|Time zone: UTC +2.|
Time difference: + 1 hour.
|Currency is the euro (€ "evro") per hundred took the name of "lepta" Greek.|
Credit cards are increasingly used in stores, service stations and distributors.
|Special flights to Rhodes from Paris, Lyon, Nantes, Toulouse, Marseille and Mulhouse.|
Several daily flights from Athens interiors, with links Iraklion in Crete, Kastelorizo, Kos, Karpathos, Mykonos, Mytilene, Paros, Santorini and Thessaloniki.
- Address: street-Ierou Rochou
- Phone: 00 30 22410 24555
- Address: 20 rue Ethelonton-Dodekanision
- Phone: 00 30 22410 24400
- Phone Rhodes airport: 00 30 22410 98345
|Can reach the island by ferry from Piraeus (20 hour crossing), via the Cyclades or via Patmos and Kos.|
Connections with the islands of the Dodecanese by hydrofoil.
Excursions to Symi .
Captaincy: 00 30 22410 286 66/222 20
|We often hear the phrase "Endaxi?"(Εντάξει): it means" Ok! okay ".|
At the restaurant, the Greeks considered impolite to sit at a table - even free - without having been invited.
Photography: Most Greeks love to be photographed. Nevertheless, it must first obtain their consent by a nod or a smile.
|For nationals of the European Union, identity card or passport validity.|
For unaccompanied minors both parents must an authorization to leave the country (issued Mairie).
| Holiday Calendar|
- January 6: Epiphany (Theofania).
Spectacular ceremony of the blessing of waters following a procession of young men dive into the sea to retrieve the cross thrown by the pope.
- February-March: Carnival in the medieval city.
- 7 March: Celebration of attachment of the Dodecanese to Greece by the Treaty of Lausanne.
- March 25: Celebration of Greek Independence. Greece releases Ottoman rule March 25, 1821.
- April: Greek Easter. During Holy Week the country is idling. Many including the spectacular processions of Epitafios.
- May 1: Labour Day; flower festival.
- May: Ascension and Pentecost Monday is a public holiday.
- June 24: Summer Solstice and fires of St. John.
- July 20: Feast of the Prophet Elijah (Profitis Ilias) and all the churches dedicated to him.
- 29 and 30 July: Feast of Aghios Soulas church of Kremasti .
- August 14: Feast religious Kremasti , regional dances and exhibition of folk art.
- August 15: Feast of the Dormition (Kimissis) and not of the Virgin of the Assumption.
- End of August: Wine Festival in Park Rodini .
- September 7: celebration Tsambikas monastery .
- 13 and 14 September: Day of the Holy Cross, celebrated Apollona and Kalithies .
- October 28: National Day of Victory of 1940. In 1936, after a coup d'état, Metaxas established a dictatorship. October 28, 1940, he refused the ultimatum of Italy which required the surrender of Greece. This is the day of the "great refusal" (megalo Ochi). Military journals, school parades and balls.
- November 14: the Bishops of Saint Konstantinos Dodecanese celebrate together Ideos protector of Rhodes. All cities, villages, churches, monasteries celebrate annually the patron saint of the place, a pretext for various festivities.