|The cathedral of Palma, or Cathedral of Mallorca, popularly called Sa Seu (Headquarters), is the seat of the Episcopal Diocese of Majorca. She is now dedicated to Saint Sebastian, the patron saint of Palma.|
It is the largest religious building in the island, and its size, the second largest in Spain after the Cathedral of Seville.
La Seu was classified as a historical monument in 1931.
|Palma Cathedral is located in the center of the capital of Mallorca, on the seafront, between the neighboring palace of Almudaina and the episcopal palace, hence its nickname of the Sea Cathedral (Catedral de la Mar).|
Its location is one of the ancient acropolis of the Roman city of Palma and the oldest mosque in the Medina Mayurqa for more than three centuries of Muslim occupation. Since medieval times, and until the nineteenth century, the cathedral was at his feet before the wall demolition thereof.
La Seu form, with the Almudaina the visual symbol of Palma, visible from the harbor and the bay.
|The Cathedral of Palma de Mallorca (Catedral de Palma de Mallorca)|
|Palma Cathedral is a rectangular building with three naves, transept or without ambulatory. Each of the three naves has an apse, and the south aisle has an apse and two rectangular apses. The two aisles open chapels.|
Despite subsequent revisions, the cathedral - whose construction began in the early fourteenth century - is one of the finest works of gothic final; exception facade, replaced after the earthquake of 1851, and home parties.
La Seu is a huge building with a length of 109.5 m and a width of 39.5 m, giving a floor area of 6600 m²: it can accommodate 18,000 people. The aisles are high (29.5 m) lower than the nave (44 m in the central vault), the total internal volume is 160,000 m³.
|The nave is separated from the aisles by fourteen large octagonal exceptionally slender pillars, 21.5 m high with a diameter ranging from 1.5 to 1.7 m. The proportions of the spaces, the smoothness of the pillars and counting decoration give a feeling of lightness and clarity, enhanced by the Central with a diameter of more than 11 m rosette.|
However this fine pillars caused the collapse of the vaults several times since the seventeenth century. In 1698, a section of roof collapsed, was rebuilt, but collapsed again: the reconstruction of all the vaults was then undertaken.
|The walls support three levels of large windows, the number of 61, including 5 beautiful roses dominate the aisles. The windows of the aisles are two passages from the Old and New Testament.|
|The Cathedral was built in sandstone from quarries mainly village Santanyí in county of Migjorn, east of Palma (but also Llucmajor, Felanitx and other careers), this sandstone surprised by the changing colors it gives walls, varying hours of ocher to golden or pink…|
|The Main Facade|
|The main facade, west, was completed in 1601 and it was then Renaissance style as the rest of the building was Gothic. But in 1851, an earthquake shook the cathedral and almost off the porch of the rest of the building. Bishop recruited the architect Peyronnet to conduct restoration work, it decided to adopt a neo-gothic style to give the building a greater harmony. The architect built in this style two towers on the front to keep it. After the death of Peyronnet in 1875, a number of interventions by other architects led to a controversial because the facade seems more artificial Gothic nineteenth century Gothic actually result. The reconstruction was completed by Joaquin Pavía Birmingham in 1884.|
The facade, however, retained its Renaissance of the sixteenth century portal.
|The Grand Portal (Portal Major)|
|The main entrance of the Cathedral of Palma entry, opposite the Palace of Almudaina is a very ornate called the Grand Portal (Portal Major) portal. This work Plateresque was conducted between 1592 and 1601, primarily by Miquel Verger.|
The entry that we see today is the restoration carried out between 1852 and 1894 after the earthquake of 1851. The portal is the only element of the façade have been preserved during the restoration.
Between the columns are statues of saints sculpted one above the other: on the left, St. Gregory and St. Jerome, right, Ambrose and Augustine. The upper part contains sculptures of St. John the Evangelist and St. John the Baptist. Above the large mullion between the gate is the image of the Virgin with attributes of the Litany of Loreto: the sun, moon, star, lily, rose, palm, well, fountain the ivory tower, the gate of heaven…
Between 1879 and 1888, the sculptor Guillem Galmés made several sculptures on the facade, the figures of St. Catherine Thomas and Ramon Llull.
|Central nave (Nau central)|
|The nave is 121 m long, 55 m wide and 44 m high in the central vault.|
|The nave is separated from the aisles by fourteen large octagonal exceptionally slender pillars.|
|The windows of the nave are the "Song of praise" that all creatures sing to the glory of God.|
|The Great Organ (Organ major)|
|Great Chair (Trona Major)||The Chair|
|The Great Rose (Rosassa Major)|
|The Great Rose (Oculus Major) is above the altar, dating from the fourteenth century. The ribs of the rosette form a six-pointed star, representing the morning star (Stella Matutina), symbol of the Risen Christ.|
The inside diameter of 11.15 m and consists of 1,236 pieces of glass: it is the largest rose in the world.
Located east of the cathedral, he must see the Great Rose in the morning to admire the striking effect of its colors and its reflected on the west wall forms. This show is at its climax on February 2, the Feast of Candlemas, and 11 November, the Feast of St. Martin: at 9:00 the light of the Great Rose is projected on the escutcheon of the main facade the west.
|The Trinity Chapel (Capella de la Trinitat)|
|The Trinity Chapel is the royal mausoleum of the first dynasty of the Kingdom of Majorca is home to the tombs of the kings of Majorca, Jaume II and Jaume III.|
|The Royal Chapel (Capella Reial)|
|The Royal Chapel, the proportions of a church, is, originally, an achievement attributed to Gothic Antoni Camprodon (1346).|
The painting of the Mother of God from the Seu is a work of Pere Morey, 1350.
The side paintings (2, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9) date from the fourteenth century.
Works of the royal chapel
1. St. Mary of the Seu
2. St. James de Compostela
3. St. John the Baptist
4. Saint John the Evangelist
5. Canopy with Jesus crucified, St. Mary and St. John
7. St. Eulalia
8. St. Mary Magdalene
9. St. Barbara
|From both sides are stalls Renaissance style and are the work of sculptor Philip and Antoine Dubois Fillau made from 1514 to 1519.|
|The chapel contains in its center a huge wrought iron canopy, designed by the architect Antoni Gaudi (1912).|
Ceramics and paintings of the choir were conducted by J.-M. Jujol from 1909 to 1914.
|The altar was consecrated in 1346.|
|Chapel St. Eulalia (Capella de Santa Eulalia)|
|The St. Eulalia contains the tomb of Gothic Berenguer Batle.|
|Chapel St. Gabriel (Capella de Sant Gabriel)|
|The Southern Front|
|The south facade dominates the seafront its elegant silhouette punctuated by vertical lines buttresses topped with pinnacles.|
|Nave South Side (Nau Lateral Sud)|
|The Chapel of the Holy Sacrament (Capella del Santíssim Sacramento)|
|The Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament chapel is named St. Peter (Capella de Sant Pere).|
This chapel was completely rebuilt by the Majorcan artist, born in Felanitx, Miquel Barceló, Custom Bishop Teodoro Ubeda i Gramage and canon liturgist Pere Llabrés i Martorell.
Barceló's work, inspired by the parable of the loaves and fishes, is the Eucharist: the walls of the chapel are covered with clay, in which the artist has painted and sculpted the seabed in earth tones, gray and bluish. Barceló is also the author of five windows of 4 meters high - which are painted in grisaille to recreate the underwater light - as well as the liturgical furniture: altar, ambo and chair. Lining the walls of the lower part of the chapel is painted ceramics produced by the workshop of ceramist Vincenzo Santoriello, Vietri sul Mare, near Naples.
|This modern chapel, located in the south-east of the cathedral was completed in five years, from 2001 to 2006 and was inaugurated on February 2, 2007 by King Juan Carlos.|
|The St. Anthony's Chapel (Capella de Sant Antoni)|
|The Chapel of St. Anthony was called formerly chapel of St. William (Capella de Sant Guillem).|
|The Chapel of Our Lady of the Crown (Capella de Nostra Senyora de la Corona)|
|The Chapel of Our Lady of the Crown, formerly chapel of Our Lady of Passion (Capella de Nostra Senyora de la Passió) is churrigueresque. It contains the tomb of Gothic Antoni de Galiana.|
The altarpiece of Our Lady of the Crown was made in Palma at the end of the seventeenth century.
Images of the altarpiece:
1. The Mother of God of the Rosary with St. Dominic and St. Catherine of Siena
2. Jesus crucified between thieves
3. Embracing St. Francis and St. Dominic
4. Saint Elmo (Erasmus)
5. The Sorrowful Mother contemplating the crown of thorns
6. St. William
7. Saint Margaret, virgin and martyr
8. Saint Mathieu
9. Jesus lying at the foot of the cross
10. Saint Agnes
|Chapel St. Martin (Capella de Sant Martí)|
|The altarpiece of Saint Martin of Tours is a sculptor Francesc in Palma Herrera made from 1723 to 1739.|
1. Holy Mary with baby Jesus
2. San Tomas Aquino
3. Sant Pere Alcantara
4. Sant Bonaventura
5. Sant Martí
6. Sant Lluís Beltran
7. Sant Vicenç Ferrer
8. Sant Francesc de Borja
|Chapel St. Bernard (Capella de Sant Bernat)|
|The alabaster altarpiece of the Saint Bernard is a neo-Gothic masterpiece of the architect Joan Rubio i Bellver and sculptor Tomás Vila conducted from 1913 to 1921.|
Scenes from the life of the saint:
1. Death of St. Anthony Abat
2. Exorcising a child
3. Made peace between the bishop of Metz and the duke of Lorraine
4. Preaching the Second Crusade
5. Saint Bernard
6. Before the Council of Sens
7. Conversion of St. William
8. Appearance of the Mother of God
9. Saint Etienne sends Claravall base (30 statues of saints Cistercian)
A. Saint Basil
B. Saint John Chrysostom
C. St. Cyril of Alexandria
D. Saint Gregory the Great
E. Saint Augustine
F. St. Ambrose
G. The Apostle Paul (stained Gaudí 1903)
H. Saint Valeria martyr (stained Gaudí 1903)
|Portal of the Belvedere (Porta del Mirador)|
|Portal Belvedere (Porta del Mirador) is located in the middle of the facade of the cathedral facing the south, the portal is sheltered under a porch facing the sea|
Portal Belvedere was made in Gothic style by different sculptors between 1380 and 1422, artists from Northern Europe and Majorcan contributed to this gothic masterpiece, with the Majorcan architect and sculptor Guillem Sagrera as main local artist.
The portal has a thin design with floral motifs, geometric and fantastic animals.
Both gate wings are separated by a mullion with a beautiful statue of the Virgin and Child, the work carried out in 1389 by Pere Morey, the owner of the cathedral. The original sculpture, the work of Guillem Sagrera, is preserved at the Museum of the Cathedral in 1917, he was replaced on the portal by a copy made by Guillem Galmés.
On the tympanum of the portal between the arches, clearly appear two horizontal sculptures: the first is the "Eternal Father" with worshipers angels playing various instruments, and the second, just below, is devoted to the Eucharist, represented by the "Last Supper" by Jean de Valenciennes.
On either side of the gate, in the niche of each arc, there are statues of apostles five saints saints James, Jean and Pierre, on the left, and saints Andrew and Paul on the right, the statues of St. Peter and St. Paul are the work of Guillem Sagrera, indicating that the architect of Sa Llotja was also a talented sculptor. Portal Belvedere was also appointed former Portal Apostles (Porta dels Apóstols).
This set is probably the most important medieval sculptures of example Mallorca.
|The Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption (Capella de Nostra Senyora de la Assumpció)|
|This chapel is also called Our Lady of Grada (Capella de Nostra Senyora de la Grada).|
|Chapel of the Sacred Heart (Capella del Sagrat Cor)|
|Formerly called Chapel of St. Vincent (Capella de Sant Vicent).|
The altarpiece of the Heart of Jesus (Palma, 1684): Central Guillem Galmés sculpture (1890) side paintings Anckermann Ricard (1890).
Images of the altarpiece:
1. Holy Guardian Angel of the Kingdom of Majorca
2. St. Francis Xavier
3. Saint Sylvester, Pope
4. Sacred Heart of Jesus
5. Saints Dominic and Francis of Assisi
6. Sainte Colomba, virgin and martyr
A. Sarcophagus Beatriu de Pinós (1486).
B. Sarcophagus Lully Pere Joan Llobet (1460).
|Chapel St. Benedict (Capella de Sant Benet)|
|The altar of St. Benedict is assigned Andreu Carbonell (Palma, 1738).|
Images of the altarpiece:
1. Mother of God browsers
2. St. Scholastica
3. Saint Benedict
4. St. Gertrude
5. Body of St. Vincent, martyr
6. Scenes from the Life of St. Benedict
A. Baroque mausoleum of Bishop Benet Panyelles (d. 1740).
B. Mausoleum of Captain General of Majorca Patrick Lawles O'Brien (Patricio Laules) († 1739).
|The Baptistery (Baptisteri)|
|Neoclassical work of Miguel de Petra (1790-1794).|
|The Northern Front|
|The north side, city side, also called facade of Almoina is less spectacular than the south side. It is interrupted at the pinnacle of the fifth bell tower.|
|Nave of North Side (Nau Lateral Nord)|
|The Chapel of Corpus Christi (Capella del Corpus Christi)|
|The chapel of Corpus Christi is located in the apse of the north aisle. It contains an altar of Corpus Christi seventeenth century. The chapel is a Baroque work, conducted from 1626 to 1642, by sculptor Jaume Blanquer, who is also buried behind the altar.|
The Gothic chapel contains the tomb of the first bishop of Mallorca Ramón de Torrella.
Images of the altarpiece:
4. Temptations of St. Anthony Shade
5. Saint Francis of Assisi
6. Presentation of the Child Jesus in the Temple
7. St. Francis de Paul
8. St. John the Baptist
9. The Last Supper of Jesus
10. Saint Macia
11. Conversion of St. Paul
12. St. Ninfa
13. Judgment of Jesus by the Sanhedrin
14. Saint Christine
15. Saint Lô Britain
16. Abraham table with three angels
17. The sacrifice of bread and wine of Melchizedek
18. The Sacrifice of Isaac
A. The tomb of Bishop Raymond Torrelles († 1266) carved around 1370
|The Chapel of the Descent from the Cross of Christ (Capella del Davallament del Sant Crist)|
|The Chapel of the Descent from the Cross of Christ, formerly known as St. Cecilia Chapel (Capella de Santa Cecilia), contains the Plateresque tomb of bishop Arnau Marí of Santacilia.|
The altarpiece of the Descent from the Cross of Christ is a work of sculptors Giusseppe Dardamon and Joan Deià (Palma 1740-1742).
Paintings Guillem Mesquida (between 1727 and 1747).
Central Painting Ankermann Ricard (1886).
Images of the altarpiece:
1. St. Cecilia with angels
2. Saint Raymond goby
3. Saint Blaise of Sebaste
4. Down the body of Jesus
5. Saint John Nepomuceno
6. Saint Bruno the Carthusian
7. Martyrdom of Saint Cecilia
A. Tomb of Brother Julia Fontirroig
B. Tomb of Bishop Miquel Salvà († 1873)
C. Tomb of the bishop Arnau de Santacilia († 1464)
|Chapel St. Jerome (Capella de Sant Jeroni)|
| The Chapel of St. Jerome, formerly called Chapel of St. Lucia and St. Madeleine (Capella de Santa Llucia i Santa Magdalena) is Plateresque. It is attributed to Gaspar Oms (Palma, 1602).|
Images of the altarpiece:
1. Jerome hermit in the desert
2. The angel Gabriel announced to Mary
3. Saint Mary Magdalene
4. Mary receives the annunciation of the angel
5. Saint Joseph
6. Saint Lucia
8. Saint Gerald
9. St. Catherine of Alexandria
10. St. Bibiana
11. Jesus giving the Keys to Saint Peter
12. Sainte Quitterie
A. Mausoleum of the Marquis de la Romana by sculptors Josep Antoni Folch and Ramon Belart (1814)
|The Chapel of the Pieta (Capella of Pietat)|
|After visiting the museum, you enter the cathedral through the Chapel of the Pieta, formerly St. Anne and St. James (Capella de Santa Anna i Sant Jaume) chapel.|
|Hallway of the Sacristy of Vermells (Atri de la Sacristia de Vermells)|
|The vestibule of the sacristy of Vermillion was formerly the chapel of St. Catherine (Capella de Santa Catalina).|
|Alms Portal (Portal de l'Almoina)|
|Portal Alms is located on the north-facing façade (a Tramuntana) of the cathedral, next to the bell tower.|
The construction of this portal was started in 1498 by Francesc Sagrera, son of Guillem Sagrera. Portal Alms is Gothic, but it is more sober in decoration than the other two portals. Essential in a perfect rectangle, it is bordered on either side by thin pillars. The decoration is mainly floral and is accented by the eardrum in which there is a small statue of the Immaculate Virgin, dating from the late sixteenth century.
This is the usual portal of the cathedral access.
|Chapel St. Joseph (Capella de Sant Josep)|
|Note grids Gothic St. Joseph's Chapel.|
The altar of St. Joseph is a work of Guillem Galmés and Pere Llorenç, Palma made between 1885 and 1888.
Images of the altarpiece:
1. St. James Major
2. Saint Joseph
3. St. Teresa of Jesus
4. Death of St. Joseph
|Chapel St. Sebastian (Capella de Sant Sebastià)|
|The altarpiece of San Sebastian is a work of sculptors Francesc Herrera, Joan and Joan Mateu Muntaner, Palma made between 1712 and 1754.|
Images of the altarpiece:
1. Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
2. St. John the Martyr of Rome
3. Saint Paul, martyr of Rome
4. Saint Andrew Avelli
5. St. Peter Nolasco
6. St. Catherine Tomas
7. St. Nicholas of Tolenti
8. Blessed Raymond Lull
9. St. Barbara
10. San Sebastian
11. Saint Praxedes
12. Saint Cabrit
13. St. Francis de Borja
14. St. Bassa
|The Chapel of the Immaculate Conception (Capella of Puríssima Conceptio)|
|The altarpiece of the Immaculate Conception is attributed to Joan Baptista of Aragó (work from 1740 to 1742).|
The sculptures are of Joan Baptista Aragó and Gabriel Cantallops.
The side paintings are Guillem Mesquida (implemented from 1747).
The images of the altarpiece:
1. and 2. Allegories of the Virgin
3. The Immaculate Conception of Mary
4. Saint Peter of Arbués
5. Saint Joseph
6. Saint Nicolas of Bari
7. Saint John Nepomuceno
A. The family of Mary, Joachim and Anne
B. St. John the Baptist
C. Saint Francis of Assisi Receiving the Stigmata of Christ
D. Blessed Raymond Lull and St. Raymond of Penyafort
|The Chapel of Christ of Souls (Capella del Sant Crist de les Ànimes)|
|The Christ Chapel of Souls is located at the west end of the north aisle.|
|The Belfry (Campanar)|
|The bell tower was built on the exact spot where the minaret of the mosque built by the Moors before the Christian reconquest.|
The tower has a height of 67.5 m. It has nine bells, each with its name by decreasing size: N'Eloi, Na Bàrbara, N'Antònia, Sa Nova, Na Mitja, Na Tèrcia, Na Matines, Na prima and Na Picarol. The biggest, N'Eloi (Praise), 1592, has a diameter of 2 m and weighs 4500 kilograms.
|The bedside of the Cathedral|
|From the fifth century, the Christian faith is present on the island of Majorca : the Synod of Carthage in 484 AD, which attended Helias, Bishop of Mallorca, was originally the first written document reflecting the Christian life Diocese of Majorca.|
|In 902 Muslim Moors seized Majorca, but they tolerated the worship of the Christian community, then governed by bishops of Catalonia. Moors erected in front of the palace of Almudaina residence wali (governor), the great mosque of Medina Mayurqa which remained for three centuries the capital of the Muslim Mallorca.|
In the fall of 1229, King Jaume I reconquered the island during the voyage of three and a half days, the young king of Aragon had suffered a violent storm and had vowed to erect a church in honor of the Virgin Mary if he succeeded in his business. His wish was heard, he kept his promise and did start building a cathedral shortly after the Reconquest in 1230.
The old mosque was not destroyed immediately, but used as a temporary church until during the fourteenth century, and was dedicated to the Virgin Mary by the Bishop Ramón de Torrella who accompanied the expedition of Reconquest.
The architect who designed the church with three naves and twenty-four arched sections was Jaume Mates, son of master Pere Mates who himself worked in the construction of the Cathedral seeking the sandstone for the construction. Jaume Mates had a very ambitious project to create so fine that the arches seem to defy gravity pillars. The weight, however, proved more than expected and the first two pillars tested immediately threatened to collapse. Jaume Mates could not do otherwise than to thicken the pillars, which, however, remain among the most slender of all cathedrals. Construction of the cathedral began in the bedside, to the east.
In 1306, the first monarch of the Majorcan dynasty, Jaume II, expressed by will his desire to be buried in the apse of the cathedral, which was used as a mortuary chapel. He bequeathed this purpose a large endowment. This chapel is now called Trinity Chapel, which contains the royal tombs of the first dynasty of the Kingdom of Majorca, those of Jaume II and Jaume III.
The consecration of the cathedral took place in 1346, but the work would continue for another two and a half centuries with the financial contribution of people of all social classes. We do not know the number of architects, but obviously many artists worked there, especially sculptors and painters.
Between 1389 and 1397 Guillem Oliveres directed the work, while Morei Pere Jean de Valenciennes, Henry Alemany and Guillem Sagrera carved the portal Mirador. In 1430, we completed the roof of the north aisle toward the tower. In a century had been built half of the cathedral. In 1498 we completed the construction of the portal of the Almoina on the north side. It was not until the early seventeenth century, in 1601, while the Renaissance was already advanced, the main front in the west, was completed.
The construction of this masterpiece of architecture that is the Cathedral of Mallorca lasted more than three centuries. Bishop Joan Vich i Manrique blessed the great portal, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin.
In 1851, an earthquake damaged the upper half of the main facade, restoration was entrusted to the architect Jean-Baptiste Peyronet, with controversial results.
Between 1904 and 1914, the architect Antoni Gaudi effected major changes to the interior of the cathedral, at the request of the bishop Pere Joan Campins. The bishop wanted the cathedra, liturgical seat of the bishop, actually dominates the interior, the altar together all the priests in the sanctuary and the three naves are available to the faithful.
These changes bore especially on the Chapel Royal : Gaudi suppressed both altarpieces obscuring the seat and, with the help of Josep Jujol, adorned it with two side motifs in ceramics. He placed the altar in the center of the apse and moved around all the choir stalls, which until then had occupied the center of the nave, now open and accessible to all. He pierced openings long walled and added stained glass, improving lighting. But what we see today is the strange canopy he placed above the altar.
|Arriving at Palma, George Sand wrote about the cathedral: |
"This imposing mass, which stands at the edge of the sea, is a large effect when entering the harbor."
|Map of the Cathedral|
|E Chapel of the Holy Sacrament (formerly St. Peter) F St. Anthony's Chapel (formerly St. William) G Chapel of Our Lady of the Crown (formerly of the Passion), H Chapel St. Martin, Saint-Chapel I Bernard, J Chapel of Our Lady of the Assumption and Our Lady of La Grada (or Clastra) K Chapel of the Sacred Heart (formerly St. Vincent), The Chapel of St. Benedict, LL Baptistery, M Chapel Christ of Souls, N Chapel of the Virgin, O Chapel Saint Sebastian, P Saint Joseph Chapel, Q Stair tower, R Hall of the sacristy of Vermells (formerly Chapel of St. Catherine), S Chapel of the Pieta (formerly St. Anne and St. James), T staircase of the great organ, U Chapel of the Descent of Christ from the Cross (formerly St. Cecilia) V Chapel St. Jerome (formerly St. Lucia and St. Madeleine) W Chapel Corpus Christi||AA Almoina (chapter Museum entrance) BB Sacristy Vermells (chapter Museum) DC Chapter House Gothic (chapter Museum) DD Staircase of the Chapter Archives, EE Chapter House Baroque (chapter Museum) FF Cloister (chapter Museum) GG new rooms (output chapter Museum) Chair main PM||A Trinity Chapel (not visited), B Chapel Royal (not visit) C Chapel Saint-Gabriel (not visited), D Chapel St. Eulalia (not visited)|
X Fire Trinity (not visited), Y Grande sacristy (not visited), Z Sacristy Annex (not visited)
Address: 29 Carrer Palau Reial or Plaça de l'Almoina, s / n
Geographic coordinates: latitude 39° 34' 2.9" N ; longitude 2° 38' 53.5" E
In April, May and October, Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 17:15.
In June and September, Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 18:15.
From November to March, Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 15:15.
All year round, Saturday, 10:00 to 14:15.
Closed Sunday, 1 January, Good Friday, May 1, August 15, November 1, 6, 8 and 25 December.
Avoid Thursday when many cruise ships calling at Palma and pour their streams of tourists.
Monday to Friday at 9:00, Saturday at 9:00 and 19:00, Sundays and public holidays, 9:00, 10:30 (high mass), 12:00, 13:00 and 19:00.
Entry fee: € 4 (museum and cathedral).
Phone: 00 34 971 723 130 or 902 022 445