The village of Água de Pena

Headings[Photos] [Presentation] [Situation] [Visits] [Culture] [Practical Information] [Other topics]

[Previous topics] [Home page] [Parent topics] [Via Gallica]

Not published page

PresentationPresentation

General presentationGeneral information

VisitsVisits

Miradouro Alvares Nobrega
At the entrance of Água de Pena, a road goes up towards this view-point which bears the name of the Portuguese poet that one called small Camões, Francisco Àlvares Nóbrega (1772-1806), which lived several years with Machico and rented the merits of Madeira.

The sight extends on what became the site discovered by Zarco, where the legend also locates the burial of the two lovers that a storm had led here at the beginning of the 14th century. In front of the high rock Fascist C, a quay and a fort mark the site of the place where the first Portuguese would have put the foot. The long desert spine of Ponta of São Lourenço stretches towards the North-East, whereas one see the valley of Machico towards the west, mottled white, ocher, clear green, and pink of the maisonnettes disseminated on the cultivated terraces.

Other topicsOther topics

Filiation of the topics
More detailed topics
Close topics
The village of Porto da Cruz
The village of Caniçal
The village of Água de Pena
Broader topics
Home page
The town of Machico
The town of Santa Cruz
[Previous topics] [Parent topics] [Home page] [Madeira] [Via Gallica]
Search on this Site :
Search on the Web :
Recommend this page :
Recommend this site :
AlbanieAllemagneAngleterreArméniePays basqueBiélorussieBulgarieCatalogneCroatieDanemarkEspagneEstonieFinlandeFranceGalicePays de GallesGéorgieGrèceHongrieIrlandeIslandeItalieEmpire romainLettonieLithuanieMacédoineMalteNorvègePays-BasPolognePortugalRoumanieRussieSerbieSlovaquieSlovénieSuèdeTchéquieUkraïne
If you reached this frame directly, click on this link to reveal the menus.