|The church of Esporles, as in any medieval town, was of great importance, and was actually the center of city life. The first parish church of Esporles already mentioned in 1248, was a simple construction in the early Gothic style, and probably only one nave.|
In the sixteenth century, the church had three altars, including the altar of the Virgen del Rosario and San Antonio. The construction of the second church began in the early years of the eighteenth century, it was inaugurated in 1720 - and was promoted by the Rector Joan B. Vanrell.
The present church, begun in 1904 and consecrated in 1923, was based on a design by architect Gaspar Bennàssar and meets neo-Gothic lines by which the architect wanted to pay tribute to the Cathedral of Palma, the Lonja and in Santa Eulalia. The parish of Esporles had three suffragan churches Banyalbufar, S'Esgleieta and Establiments.
The church of Esporles is dedicated to Sant Crist of Peas, patron saint of textile industry has long disappeared from the city.